Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Couple of Card Challenges


I got a new set of stamps recently that I am crazy about.  They are a set of sentiments from Paper Smooches.  I used one here on this card for their August Sparks Challenge



I was inspired by the wood pattern and rustic looking blue paint in the sparks picture and used an awesome teal colored wood grained patterned paper for the background of my card. I also found inspiration in the current challege over at Lily Pad cards to use fabric or felt.  I tried a new-to-me technique of stamping my sentiment on linen and fraying each of the four edges.  I then glued it to a scrap of burlap that I frayed the edges of and attached it to some patterned paper and then added an edge punch and attached it my my card. I felt it still needed something and a Jillibean Soup stick pin was just the thing.  I am sending this card to cheer up a friend who has been struggling with some health issues recently.

The next card I made is this one:


I used this card sketch from Sassy Lil' Sketches


I entered it in their challenge you can see HERE.  I am sending this to one of my online friends along with a little gift I saw recently and thought she would like.  Don't you just love those purple flowers?

Speaking of pretty flowers....look what I bought myself today....


Aren't they purty?  They make me smile....I hope you have something to smile about tonight.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Love that get will card Sandi! You are making me need those Paper Smooches stamps. So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thanks for playing at Sassy Lil S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work ! Yes I. Agree your flowers are " purty " as is your fabulous card, love the gorgeous purple tones. Thanks for joining us at Sassy Lil Sketches and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi, I love your stamping on the linen, and adding the burlap is a great idea - gives it even more texture! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW these are so pretty.. I really love that fist card.. great job! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards. Thanks for playing along with Sassy Lil' Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful work! thanks for playing at SLS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...