Thursday, August 4, 2016

Oh Christmas Joy


Little known fact about me....my very first car was a 1963 2 door Chevy Impala SS.  It was maroon with a black interior and if I still had that car it would be worth a fortune.  But I totaled it in a very bad wreck after owning it less than 6 months.  Mechanical failure....the brakes gave out on me which was very scary for a 17 year old. Enter car #2...a 1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle.  I loved that car once I learned to drive it because it was a stick shift.  My dad taught me how to drive that car in the church parking lot.  Good times...NOT!  LOL, both he and I can laugh about it now but it was very stressful. Eventually I became very good at driving a manual transmission and I still love to drive a car where I have to shift and work the clutch. When I saw this stamp set that a friend has I knew I had to grab it because it reminded me of my sweet bug. I drove it for several years, met my first husband, got married and traded it in for a Camaro.  But that is a story for another day.  I am entering this card in the sketch challenge at Your Next Stamp. I used this sketch of theirs:


I do not have any stamps by Your Next Stamp but I had several on my wish list so last weekend I texted the owner of my LSS and ordered 4 sets.  I cannot wait until they come in!  Well I need to hit the sheets....4:30am comes very early....but at least tomorrow is Friday.

~~Sandi~~


1 comment:

  1. What a fun take on the sketch! So colorful and festive. Thanks for joining in the YNS challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...