Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cousins



Last week it was announced that Sketchy Thursdays (my favorite sketch/challenge blog) was shutting down.  They posted their last sketch and I just HAD to use it and enter.  The above page was made following this sketch:


I used Authentique papers and embellishments that my friend Abby gifted me.  The picture is of my cousin Joanne and I a couple of weeks ago.  Joanne lives in New Jersey and we had not seen each other in 40 years!  She and her hubby own a vacation place about 2 hours south of us and were in town over the holidays so my dad and I met up with them for lunch.  It was so nice catching up with her and having our picture taken was a must!

Reconnecting with Joanne meant so much to me....she was one of my favorite cousins growing up and cousins are usually your first best friends.  I am entering this layout in Scrapfit's Workout #60... It's The Simple Things.  It really is the simple things like reconnecting with a long lost family member that really make life sweet.

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Such a nice layout! Love the banner----thanks for working out with ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo of the two of you. Lovely layout! Thanks for working out with us at Scrapfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for playing along with the last Sketchy Thursdays challenge. I love what you made! :)

    And thanks for playing with ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! I love those Authentique papers! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL! LOVING the colors and the title on the banner! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love those colors together. Great page! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays! xoxo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great LO to showcase this family photo!! Love the scalloped circle and punched edges on your mat!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your color combination. The *cousins* banner is such a great idea- I'll be borrowing that idea.:) I've never tried scrapbooking with sketches-you've inspired me. Really cute!

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color scheme! Thank you for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page!!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these papers compliment your photo perfectly! Great choices! Thanks for playing along at ScrapFIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh I love this!! I really need to try Authentique!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it!!! Nice job using a patterened background paper ....something I struggle with. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...