Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Be Strong


I live 1000 miles from my grandchildren....a fact that pains me on a daily basis.  Not only do I miss experiencing their childhoods with them I am also afraid that the impact that I leave on their lives will be dimished because I just do not get much time to spend with them.  So every once in awhile I feel the need to "preach" to them on a scrapbook page.  Actually it is hopefully just my imparting some wisdom to them.  I kind of think that is a grandparent's most important role (along with lots and lots of hugs and presents!!) I tried to share a bit of comforting wisdom and encouragement with my nearly 11 year old grandson.  I hope someday he will read the words and feel my love and concern for him....even after I am long gone.  Isn't that why we scrap? It is for me....I want to leave behind not just cute papers and embellishments documenting life but also to leave a piece of me with my family.  Now that my mom and grandparents are gone I wish I had more to remember them by....their handwriting, their wisdom and their humor.  I try to put all of that into my pages for my family.

I used the wonderful Genuine collection from Authentique for this layout along with their June sketch:



All the sketch challenge details are on their blog -- and they have a card sketch too!  The details can be seen HERE.  I am definitely going to have to work with that this month.  I just got a new 6x6 paper pad from the brand new Fresh collection and I am dying to try it out!

You still have a couple of days to enter my giveaway....for details go HERE.  I will pick and post a winner at 6pm EST on Friday June 15th.
Thanks!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this page Sandi, and your journaling is truly amazing...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...