Sunday, July 7, 2013

So Precious.........

 
I have a friend who after years of longing for a child just adopted a beautiful little girl this week.  I had fun going out and buying a baby gift for (little girls are SO much fun to buy for).  Today I made this card and matching gift tag to go along with the gift.
 
The challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays was Material Girl.  I had to use material on my card.  I immediately though of some adhesive backed fabric paper that I had received in a prize package from American Crafts and I had never used.  Here is what it looked like before I cut into it.
 
 
I also decided to try to cut some felt pieces with my Cuttlebug and Spellbinders dies.  I had heard they cut felt but I had never tried it and you know what?  IT WORKS WONDERFULLY!! So the only paper on my card is the sentiment and the punched out heart.  On the matching tag the only paper is the cardstock that McKenna's name is printed on.  Her room is done in owls so I used my Basic Grey blinged out owl on the tag.  When she gets older she can use it for a bookmark perhaps.
 
Here is a close-up of just the card:
 
 
Thanks for checking out my blog....hope you had a fabulous weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the pattern paper stripes and the felt mat! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tag and the card are both so cute! The adhesive fabric is awesome, and I like that you used the felt, too. The owl on the tag is adorable! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...