Thursday, September 10, 2020

Thanks, Dad



My Dad passed away 2 years ago and I think of him everyday. He lived a good, long life of over 86 years and I have many fond memories of him which comfort me when I am missing him. One memory I documented on this page and that is my Dad and maps. We took many cross country road trips in the 1960's  and 70's when I was a kid and Dad did all the navigating on road maps. He continued to use them even though later in life he had a very high quality GPS in his vehicles. I don't think he trusted them. On the rare occasion that he let my husband drive, he sat in the passenger seat navigating with his map.

I am entering this page in the Lasting Memories Challenge #514 Which was to create a layout with a throwback family theme and something that was symbolic of your family history.

I am also entering this layout in the Scrap YOUrself Thankful Challenge.

That is about it for now......I have to finish up a card that has been sitting on my desk for a couple of days so I may be back later to share that. Have a wonderful evening.

~~Sandi~~

11 comments:

  1. So very sorry for your loss. This is a great memory to cherish and document! Love your pretty mix of patterned papers! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. Your layout is a wonderful tribute to him.! I love the photos and you scrapped them beautifully!. Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. We are very happy that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful page and the story about your dad is so nice! Thanks for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely tribute and lovey photo of you two together. Love your paper choices and color. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi, I really love your photos and the stories about your dad. It's a beautiful and touching layout! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful layout to share your beautiful memories!! It's just a wonderful tribute! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful memory to document! Map reading is certainly a skill to be thankful for , as is your dad sharing his love of travel with you. Thanks so much for joining us this month at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly how you feel... I'm still in denial, more than 2 years later.
    This is a lovely take on our challenge this month - so special!
    Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful layout! I love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful layout and heartwarming story! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful way to capture a special memory - that is what scrapbooking is all about to me -- Thank you for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...