Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cas-ual Friday Sketch card


I  love chevrons and butterflys and decided to use both of them on this birthday card for a friend from grade school.  She was my maid of honor when I married my first husband in the late 70's.  I started a family and she moved to Greece and we lost touch for nearly 30 years.  We recently found each other on Facebook and I was excited to hear that she is living about 3 hours south of me here in Florida.  We are going to have lunch together in May on our way home from our trip to the Florida Keys.

I used the awesome sketch at Cas-ual Fridays this week:



I got so excited when I saw the sketch this morning that I had to work on it right away.  I heat embossed the sentiment and used light green rhinestones for the butterfly bodies.

I am also linking my card up on Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger Watercolor Butterflies.  I drew inspiration from the color pallet and butterflies on this lovely image:

There is still time to be inspired by both of these challenges.  Just click on the blog names for more info.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Love the card Sandi! I keep forgetting to ask where you live in FL? I grew up in Fort Myers. Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sandi! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...