Sunday, July 28, 2013

Some recent Junkin' Finds

I love to hit thrift stores, consignment shops, yard sales and estate sales.  I also peruse eBay and Craig's List.  My favorite shows are American Pickers and Pawn Stars.  I am a junker at heart I guess.  My mom and I would go out yard sailin' on Thursdays (her day off) when my boys were little and those days are some of my favorite memories with her.  I want to occasionally do a blogpost with some of my favorite and recent finds.
 
When I found this small bushel basket it was an ugly, beat up brown (wish I had taken a picture of it).  I lightly spray painted it white (spray paint is a junker's favorite go to item!!) and used some anchor printed washi tape (paper craft tape) around the top of it and I love the end result:
 
 
Here are a few more Items I found recently:
 

We have a large gallery wall with photos that my hubby took (he's an awesome amateur photograher) and nice white frames are not cheap to come by.  When I see them, I grab them.  This one is 11x14 and was $6.  The basket is perfect to hold my Christmas in July cards that I am creating this month and set me back $2.  The glass coasters were 50 cents apiece and you put your own photos in them.  I have a summer beachy theme going right now.  Here is an example of a couple of them:
 
The cool thing about these coasters is they are so easy to change up the photos....I can see changing them for fall, Christmas, etc.
 
My favorite find this summer has been this set of 2 teak adirondack chairs and a matching table for $75:
 
 
We are not sure if we will just clean them up and leave them natural or paint them a bright summery color.  What is your opinion?
 
Thanks for stopping by and I would love it if you would share your favorite recent find in the comments below.
 
I am linking this up to Crafty Goodies Gone Junkin' Friday post.  I love to see what Connie shares on Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome finds!! I love those shows too. I think the junkin' is in our blood. Thanks for playing. I' m gonna make junk in' category in my fabulous links page-your blog will be added there. :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your finds!! I think the table and chairs would look great painted an ocean blue, or maybe just a clean white. Whatever you decide make sure to share pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...