Sunday, October 1, 2017

Pretty Purple Shaker Card



I guess challenges are supposed to be challenging. When I saw the CAS-UAL Fridays Shaker Card Challenge, I decided to skip it. You see, I have made a couple of shaker cards before and they were complete fails. However I thought my soon-to-be 6 year old niece might really like one and I bought this stamp set from CAS-UAL Fridays just for her birthday so last night I gave it a try. I also am not very good with the watercolors but I broke those out too and this happened:



I embossed the ballerina image in black then I just put a little puddle of water  around the ballerina, added the purple watercolor and flicked a few sprinkles. I was careful not to overdo...which is often my worst habit. Then I watched about 14 You Tube videos on assembling a shaker card and was able to put this one together. I added some large purple cupped metal sequins which are actually a bit too large and get stuck as you shake it but other than that I am happy with the final result.

Since I used those dang metal sequins I am going to enter this in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Heavy Metal Challenge in addition I am entering this card in
Well that is it for now. I hope you had a good weekend....we had a soggy wet one. I hope it stops raining soon as the water is raising and I may have to start building an ark...lol

~~Sandi~~


3 comments:

  1. Very cute and girly, lovely purples and especially the dots and sequins. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shaker card is adorable and I'm glad you decided to enter. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple is perfect for this card. It's lovely.
    Eli(Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...