Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Day at the Races

We live in the Daytona Beach area and often forget how lucky we are to live in an area that thousands, millions even visit yearly for vacation and we can enjoy all the area has to offer on a daily basis.  In February we took off a workday and made a trip to the Daytona International Speedway for the Gatorade Duels.  Two races, minimal crowds and very exciting racing.  I am working on a couple of layouts this weekend of that day and here is the first. 

I used this week's awesome sketch from Sketch Inspiration and it is also an entry in the Scrappin'-n-Chattin' "Us" challenge to scrap a picture of "us".  We are Jeff Gordon fans so I had to throw in a JG insignia on the page....he even lead the second race for some time...we just had a great day topped off with an awesome meal at a wonderful Mexican restaurant in Ormond Beach.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Cute layout Sandi! I like the mixed fonts/types in your title :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Sandi. I love the banner you used in the title. I can't wait to see the other pages from your nice day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...