Friday, January 9, 2015

Loved


I raised 2 sons.  My two oldest grandchildren are boys.  For the last 16 years I have worked with all men.  You can imagine how over the moon I was when my daughter-in-law Amy's ultrasound 7 years ago showed that she was having a little girl!!  A few years later lil' Izzy joined her big sister Abby.  Girls are SO different than boys and that difference while challenging for me is absolutely delightful.  I love buying the girls cute little outfits and they LOVE to receive clothes as gifts (unlike boys) A couple of days ago I decided to scrap these pictures of the girls snuggling with their dad on the couch.  Izzy even decided to take a nap. Ah....life's little pleasures......grandchildren and an afternoon nap on the couch.

I love to use pink for my girl's pages with LOTS of embellishments.  I have a stick pin, some die cuts (isn't that little fox adorable???) twine, stickers, chipboard (I painted the piece of chipboard with the cut out "LOVED" as it didn't coordinate with the rest of the page).  I also used my notebook edge punch on some pink vellum and broke out my Paper Smooches stamps and actually stamped on a page.  I hadn't done that in a LONG time and I love how it looks.

and

Happy Friday!  I will be back throughout the weekend to share some more projects with you.

~~Sandi~~


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, Sandi! I love that little fox - too cute! My daughter was never into the pink and frills and being a girly girl and then I had my two boys. I am so happy to have my little granddaughter to finally get to scrap all things girly! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandi!--this is so cute!....LOVE all of the hearts! Right there with you in that we had all boys until 20 months ago when my brother's wife had a baby girl!...You should also enter this here as it looks a lot like the sketch this month!:
      http://stickitdown.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  2. Love this layout Sandi :) Just so girlie in all the pinks :) Thank you for joining us over at Lasting Memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So darn adorable!! Yay for finally getting a girl in the family. This is absolutely a super cute layout. Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories for our Simple Pleasures challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful! Girly pages are so much fun.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this page! Those cascading hearts are my fave!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous page! love how you created movement with all those hearts. thanks for joining us at lasting memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Page. Very true about boys being so different than little girls.

    Andrea Jones LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet layout to celebrate a special moment! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute layout!! Thanks for joining us at Clique Kits challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...