Sunday, December 8, 2013

Uber Cool

Teenage and pre-teen boys have got to be some of the hardest to design cards for.  Not quite adults and not quite kids....I really struggle to make something that my 12 year old grandson will not roll his eyes when he sees it. Hopefully this card meets with his approval...LOL  I actually came up with the sentiment myself...at least I think I did.  Sometimes at my age, I see something, forget I saw it and then remember it and think it was an original idea.  When really it was my mind bringing up something from the deepest darkest recesses...LOL.  Does that make sense?  Maybe I should stop rambling....
 
I used this sketch at Freshly Made Sketches for this card: 
I dry embossed the panel with my Cuttlebug and the red and white patterned paper is from Echo Park. I stamped the sentiment with my Paper Smooches Alphadots and the "uber cool" saying is from the Paper Smooches Slang Gang stamp set. You can see all their awesome stamps HERE.  I was inspired by the colors of this inspiration photo from the current Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge:
 
 
 
Red and white are my absolute favorite colors to use when decorating for Christmas. Not only did I use the colors from the inspiration photo, I also added dots and twine.
 
Thanks for checking out my blog....I hope your holiday season is merry and bright so far.
 
~~Sandi~~

3 comments:

  1. Surely your grandson will love this! I love the crisp look of red and white together, and your sentiment is so fun and perfect for a pre-teen. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you hit the mark perfectly! I have a 10yo and he would love this! Great take on the sketch. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your grandson will love this! It is a hard age though, I agree! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...