Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Paper Variety Feb. 1st Sketch Challenge


Our February challenge at The Paper Variety is a sketch challenge and isn't it a beauty?  Our own Abby created this sketch just for The Paper Variety and all of us on the design team have really enjoyed working with it.  Here is my layout:


I went "shopping" in my own scraproom and found these great papers from Jillibean Soup that were perfect for the pictures of my grandson Jake, his Dad and Grandpa.  They are all lovers of winter weather and live in a stretch of northwest Indiana commonly referred as the "snowbelt".  You can tell they are really enjoying themselves in these pictures.

Not only do we have great challenges at The Paper Variety, we also have awesome PRIZES and sponsors.  We have a new sponsor this time -- My Scraps and More and Tammy has provided this awesome prize:


Awesome, isn't it?  And I spy Authentique....one of my new favorite paper companies!

I also was inspired by the current Friday recipe challenge at Frosted Designs while creating this layout.  The challenge was to use:
3 patterned papers (check)
2 buttons (check)
one word title (check)

There is also a cool challenge this week over at Lasting Memories called Trashin' Our Layouts that I wanted to enter.  See the cool kraft journaling tag in the upper right corner of my page?  I cut that from the package of the Jolee's snowflakes that I used on this layout.  Then I embellished it with snowflakes and buttons.  Here is a picture of it before I cut it out:

I love that more and more manufacturers are encouraging the recycling of their packaging.  This time instead of trashin' the package, I trashed my layout!
You have two weeks to create and link up your project at The Paper Variety....you can get all the details HERE.




14 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and pictures too!!!! The paper is also lovely!!!! Great job on this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout - so refreshing! I hope you'll join us again at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures, great layout and sketch. Love the title sideways and the snowflakes. Great idea to use the packaging. Thanks for joining us at LM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the use of trash on your layout!!! I used to live in Northwest Indiana and yes we had snow!!! LOL Great page! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    Elizabeth LMDT
    http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful - love your use of the trash!
    thanks Kimberly lmdt

    ReplyDelete
  6. You nailed it Sandi!!! I love everything about your layout!!! And it always rocks when you can pull off multiple challenges too....YAYYYY!!!! Thanks for sharing your awesome work with us at Lasting Memories this week and I sure hope you decide to play along often!!!
    Tina LMDT :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW I am totally diggin this blog look too !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great job on the sketch and love how you used the "Trash" on your layout. Thanks for joining us over at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is awesome!! LOVE your pics and love your journal tag! VERY clever and creative! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandi!! Good to see you! Love your layout and AWESOME use of the packaging!! Thanks for joining us this week at Lasting Memories! :-)
    Michele
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute layout! What an awesome take on "trash" .... Thanks for joining us over at Lasting Memories!!!
    ~Stacia - LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your LO! Great pics! Great recycling! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, your layout is absolutely fabulous!!! I just love the design you used and the fun pattern paper.. You should totally enter your layout in my "Getting Scrappy Challenge".. If your interested here is the link:
    http://amandascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/2012/02/getting-scrappy-challenge.html

    Scrappy hug,
    Amanda :0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...