Monday, April 15, 2013

Nautical Birthday card

 
Have you noticed how popular the nautical trend is this spring?  I couldn't be happier since I have loved all things nautical for quite some time now.  I made this masculine nautical themed birthday card for my son who will be celebrating a birthday in two weeks. 
 
I used this sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch:
 
 
I used the Nautical Breezes colors from this week's challenge at The Play Date Cafe:
 
 
I guarantee you that the color on my card is not a red but much more of an orange-y coral or terra cotta in real life.
 
I am also entering this card in My Craft Spot's Anything Goes challenge this week.
 


7 comments:

  1. Such a great card! I love the colors and love your take on the sketch!
    Thanks so much for joining us at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun nautical card. Great combo of challenges. Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours and nautical theme to result in this wonderful masculine card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love nautical cards. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hope nautical is ALWAYS on trend! i love your card! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! The nautical colours work so well with the design you've used!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...