Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Annual Tradition




Wow! I cannot believe that it has been 10 days since I last blogged.  This is such a busy time of year with shopping, decorating, Christmas cards, etc.  Add to all of that, we have been extremely busy at work with all the storm damage from Hurricane Matthew (I work for a roofing supply company) so many nights my hubby and I (we work together) come home so exhausted we don't even have the energy to eat dinner.  Luckily we have gotten some extra help at work this week so tonight I actually wandered into my scraproom and worked on this page. It came together quite quickly once I got started. The photo is from last weekend when my son and grandsons went to a Christmas tree farm in Indiana and cut down their own tree. They do this every year and I seriously have scrapped every year that they took a picture....I have at least 10 pages documenting this annual tradition. Our 15 year old Jacob actually agreed to get in the picture this year...love it!

I am entering this page in Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge -- Christmas
and
Scrap Our Stash Book Inspired Challenge


I was inspired by the masculine Christmas theme, I used big bold striped paper and some of by wood-look enamel dots that I have been hoarding at least 2-3 years.

Well all of a sudden I have been very sleepy so I better hit the sheets to prepare for another 10 hour day selling roofing.  Join me this weekend as I hope to share the last few of my Christmas cards for this year.

~~Sandi~~

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful page! Thanks for playing along with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge. Have a good Christmas. Eli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! What a awesome page. Love the details and stash use. Thanks so much for your challenge entry at SOS! Do come again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, nice layout, I love the tradition! Thanks and Merry Christmas from GT designer Christel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy that you had time to scrap between your busy days..This is a wonderful page and a great take on the challenge!Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your layout! That bold stripe is awesome!! Getting our tree is one of my favorite traditions too! This year it was bittersweet, as my oldest son now has his own apartment, and got his own tree. I am so proud of him becoming an independent adult, but I missed him joining us too! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You for joining in the challenge at AFSC this month. I am glad you found some time for yourself to document your lovely tradition
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that big striped paper! It's so good that you've kept scrapping this tradition :) Thanks for taking the challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you find a little time to scrap and relax! Your layout it's very eyecatching, love the bold red stripe! Rhanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely page and a great take on the Challenge. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Sketch! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...