Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Christmas Card???

 
I made a Christmas card today.  Yes, I know it is March and Christmas is more than 9 months away.  But I want to be ready and not stressed come December.  AND I have a great number of cards to make (nearly 70 last year).  So there is no time like the present to get started. Plus there is an awesome challenge blog called Festive Friday with prompts throughtout the year to help inspire my Christmas card making.  This is their inspiration photo for their current challenge:
 
 
I was inspired by the beautiful snowflake in the picture and had just the snowflake to add to my card.  Then, inspired by the silver in the inspiration picture, I heat embossed my sentiment in silver embossing powder.
 
I used this sketch from Stick it Down Challenges:
 
 
This is the first of my weekend projects and I have Monday off also so I should be back with more projects to share with you.  Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a happy day.
 
~~Sandi~~

11 comments:

  1. I love your card! I can't believe you make 70! I had the best intentions last year and ended up buying them but never even sending them out. Yes, I am ashamed. Thank you for sharing with us at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful and I agree never to early to get started on those Christmas cards. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sparkle of that beautiful snowflake! Love it paired with the red and white chevrons and that classic sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday - stick with us and you'll be ready for Christmas when it gets here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really should make my own Christmas cards too! Thanks for playing along at SID!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the red, white and black and that lovely snowflake steals the show! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's never too early to start those Christmas Cards. Thanks for playing along at Stick it Down. Monica, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great christmas card, really like the snowflake
    Thanks for joining in at SID

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the red! Fabulous card! Thanks for playing at SID!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Christmas Card. Thanks for playing with us at SID!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a colour combo that works really well! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, Sandi! I love your glittery snowflake! Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...