Sunday, November 9, 2014

You Rock!


We recently had trouble with our car and of course it was while I was driving it.  And it was while we were at work.  Luckily my hubby and I work together and he also is awesome at fixing things.  Anything actually.  In fact he fixed my vintage camera this morning that I accidently (gasp!) dropped. (Note to self:  Do not handle treasured items in the morning until having had at least one cup of coffee.)

So, back to the car repair story.  Dave was able to properly diagnose the problem (camshaft sensor whatever that is) and borrowed the boss's truck to get the part.  He looked up on the internet where it was and how to replace it but unfortunately due to his large hands he couldn't access the part.  You know what they say about big hands, don't you? Yeah, that you can't fit your hands in small areas of engine compartments. (Where did you think I was going with this????)

Fortunately a co-worker is of a much smaller stature than Dave and was able to help remove/replace the sensor and the problem was solved for $10 along with a few bruised knuckles and a couple of cuss words.  To thank Ken, Dave wants to buy him lunch.  Unfortunately Ken is rarely around the branch at lunch time since he is one of our delivery drivers.  So I made this card and am going to enclose a gift card for a Jersey Mike's Big Kahuna and I think Ken will like that.

I used the November card sketch from DCWV:


 I am also entering this at the current Issue of Paper Issues -- Witching You a Happy Halloween with SRM Stickers.  The "thank you" sentiments are SRM stickers.  I love how they blend perfectly with my projects and do not even appear to be stickers.

That's it for now.  Hang on and I will return with another blog post and there (might) be a giveaway.

~~Sandi~~

3 comments:

  1. I adore your card! And you are blessed in the hubby dept.....my car has been broken down for a month now.....ahem .....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card! That's awesome that Dave was able to diagnose and get help fixing the car.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gesture Sandi! Loooooove the card and I'm sure it (and the giftcard) will be much appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...