Monday, February 28, 2011

One Good Friend

In June of 2003 Dave and I moved from the southern suburbs of Chicago where we had both lived all our lives and started our lives together down south. We lived four years in South Carolina and now have been here in Florida for four years. In the last 8 years I have really never developed any friendships. I still have a couple of friends in the Midwest that I have maintained contact with but no real "girlfriends" that I can share everyday ups and downs with. There was a definite void in my life. However, not long ago I found a wonderful group of "online friends" with whom I have become very close with. We share the same hobby -- paper crafting but we also share our daily trials and victories. I feel like I know these gals, their husbands and their children. When I come home from a 12+ hour day of working and commuting the first thing I do after changing into my comfy clothes is pour a glass of tea and catch up with what's been going on in everyone's life and share my day with them. Often I will find a package or a note in my mailbox from one of them with just a little "something" to pick me up exactly when I need it. This card was made for one of my online friends -- Abby in Illinois -- and the stamp I used for the sentiment on the front was from another friend -- April in North Carolina. What a wonderful way to connect and support and care about one another. I am truly blessed with my online friends which really is no different than any other friend. Friendship warms the soul and soothes the spirit and tonight I am truly counting my blessings for my friends.


Challenges that I entered this card in are:

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Great card! I love that sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at the Critter Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab sentiment - love that layout

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card Sandi, great sentiment
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true!! Great sentiment. I love how CAS your card is. Pretty DP. Thanks for sharing it with us at Party Time Tuesdays. Hope to see you again soon!
    ~Renee
    PTT DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post Sandi. So very true. I love your card. I tried to scraplift it tonight, but it didn't work for what I needed. Soon.... So glad to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card and great sentiment! thanks for playing the Critter Sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this sentiment! I, too, have some wonderful on-line friends. This is a style of card that I almost never make, so I am looking for lots of inspiration from this challenge. Thanks for playing along in the Critter Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...