Saturday, February 12, 2011

You Warm My Heart

Here is a layout that I completed today for several challenges. I used this week's sketch over at Sketch Inspiration and I am entering it over at Lasting Memories for their Cricut/Die Cut Challenge. I had a Cricut baby bug that I bought off Craigslist a couple of years ago but unfortunately it died on me. My online friend Randi cut me this title a year ago on her Cricut and I was saving it for just the right layout. This page also qualifies for the Scrappin'-n-Chattin' challenge to use two punches. I used my Fiskars Threading Water border punch and a cute heart shaped corner punch as well.


The story of the layout: Dave and I lived in South Carolina from June 2003 until March 2007. Just south of Myrtle Beach is a beautiful place called Brookgreen Gardens. Every December they do a fantastic display called Nights of 1000 Lights where they have the whole gardens filled with candles illuminating the trees, plants, ponds and sculptures. Finally we went in 2006 knowing that it may be our last year in South Carolina. It was 25 degrees that night and having lived in the warm South for several years we 'bout froze to death! I just printed off some more pictures from that evening and plan another layout on the same subject soon. I am working hard in my scraproom this weekend and will have hopefully alot more to share with you this weekend....so stayed tuned for more posts...... AND don't forget to enter my giveaway on my first blog post. I will be choosing a winner next Sunday 2/20/2010.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL Layout, Sandi!! GOOD LUCK with the Challenges!! Have a GREAT Day,
    Me-Ma Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! What a great layout and sounds like a gorgeous event too!! 1000 lights, wow! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! Be sure to check us out tmw as we have some fun things planned for next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO! Your friend is wonderful for doing that for you! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is beautiful Sandi. I'm glad that you are busy creating this weekend. I remember when Randi cut that for you. This really is the perfect layout for it. Great colors and a great story. I can't wait to see the pages to come. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love how you used your die cuts! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this layout, Sandi! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories! Be sure to stop by tomorrow, too, so you can see what we have in store for everyone this week!

    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love that title and your layout design. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories. Hope you'll join us again in the new challenge starting tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a great layout, and love th story behind it too! Thanks for joining in the challenge at lasting Memories! =)Tiffany DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...