Monday, April 24, 2017

My Kind of Town


I was born and raised in Chicago and lived there over 40 years before moving 14 years ago first to South Carolina and then to Florida 10 years ago. My sons and their families, including my 4 grandchildren and many friends still live in the Chicago area.  We visit at least once a year and I must admit I miss my hometown nearly every day.

Recently I saw a wooden block rubber stamp (I LOVE those....don't you?) with the Chicago skyline made by Hero Arts and I just had to buy it.  I absolutely love the crisp clear image I get when I stamp with a rubber stamp. Hero Arts is one of the leaders of the industry and is currently celebrating their blog's 5th anniversary. The challenge this month is Anything Goes.

I inked up my stamp for the first time and made this card. I am going to send it to my friend Renata who is a fellow transplanted Chicagoan residing here in Florida. She was my maid of honor 40 years at my first wedding (how could that be 40 years ago????). 



I added just the tiniest bit of Copic coloring and a few small puffy clouds from my stash.  I think I need to make one of these and frame it for myself.  There is still time to enter the challenge yourself....just make sure to use Hero Arts products.  You can see all the details by clicking HERE

Thanks for stopping by.  I will be back shortly with more projects to share.

~~Sandi~~


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic CAS card, I love the puffy clouds. Thank you for joining the challenge at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...